We have been committed to social research ever since the founding of the SINUS Institute in 1978. The acronym SINUS originally stood for Sozialwissenschaftliches Institut Nowak und Sörgel, Nowak and Sörgel being the two founders.
From the very beginning, SINUS has specialized in research on socio-cultural change. We work closely with our clients to come up with solutions for companies and public institutions which keep pace with changes in society, ecology, culture and politics in terms of how they impact on people’s everyday lives.
Besides its qualitative and quantitative primary research, the SINUS Institute provides social scientific expert reports, consulting and training, along with the development of strategies and future scenarios.
Some of our main topics in the more recent past have been:
- DEMOGRAPHIC CHANGE, GENERATION 50 PLUS
- LIFEWORLDS OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
- ENVIRONMENTAL AND NATURE AWARENESS, CSR
- CHANGING ROLES, EQUALITY, GENDER MAINSTREAMING
- (VOCATIONAL) EDUCATION MARKETING
- GROUP-SPECIFIC APPROACH TO THE DIGITAL WORLD
- POLITICAL ORIENTATION AND SOCIAL COHESION
- SOCIO-CULTURAL CURRENTS AND TRENDS
- LIFEWORLDS OF PEOPLE WITH A MIGRANT BACKGROUND
- SEMANTICS AND ESTHETICS OF COMMUNICATION MEDIA
Ethnological curiosity, empathy and reliable research are the trademark of the SINUS Institute. Decades of experience and the proven SINUS methods and research tools form the basis for solution-oriented interventions.