The Sinus-Geo-Milieus transfer the Sinus-Milieus to a geographical context.
In order to render the Sinus-Milieus useable for direct marketing and spatial planning, microm and SINUS have worked together to develop the Sinus-Geo-Milieus.
The Sinus-Geo-Milieus link the microm data system with the proven Sinus-Milieus target model , thus allowing market research and media planning to be applied at a local level. By transferring the Sinus-Milieus to the microgeographical segmentation, the milieu target groups can be projected onto existing customer address lists and user-defined areas.
The statistical probability with which the individual Sinus-Milieus are represented in each of the 19 million households in Germany was computed and a dominant Geo-Milieu derived from this. The Geo-Milieus also exist for Austria and Switzerland.
Sinus-Geo-Milieus can be used for:
- Product development, design
- Brand positioning, portfolios
- CRM, sales and distribution
Acquiring new customers
- Target group analysis and localisation
- Optimisation of advertising channels and sales pitches
- Address selection, mail shots, out-of-home, optimisation of inserts, etc.
- Customer segmentations
- Milieu-specific measures and customer contact
- Cross- and upselling
Planning of locations/branch networks
- Identification of target group potential within a catchment area
- Category management, PoS marketing
- Message and layout design
- Milieu-specific reach/affinities
The Sinus-Geo-Milieus can be used in a variety of ways
Your Sinus contact for Sinus-Geo-Milieus:
Jan Hecht, Associate Director Research & Consulting
Your microm contact for Sinus-Geo-Milieus:
Claudia Rasche, Senior Consultant
Micromarketing-Systeme und Consult GmbH
Telephone +49 (0)2131 109-722
Your Geo-Milieus contact in Switzerland:
Roger Muffler, Strategic Projects & Analytics
KünzlerBachmann Direct Marketing AG
Telephone +41 (0)71 3140421