Sinus trend research is a tool designed for the empirical monitoring of socio-cultural currents in society.
SINUS-Institut acquired its expertise in trend research during 20 years in the field and is therefore ideally equipped to guide you through the ‘trend jungle’ Sinus Trend Research is a strategic early recognition tool that can be used to logically explain the mindsets of relevant social groups as they develop and the circumstances responsible for these developments. By psychological analysis and interpretation of the underlying motives, needs, wishes, and expectations, the relevance and consequences of the individual phenomena are revealed, as well as the levers with which it is possible to activate people (consumer, citizens).
Interlinking with Milieu Research
Sinus Trend Research is part of the socio-cultural research of the Institute. It specifically targets the socio-psychological background of social change. The findings are interlinked with our Milieu and Futures Research to allow target-group specific evaluation of trend developments and the socio-cultural positioning of trend target groups; individual fields of trend research and single fields of trend research can related to Sinus’ Futures Scenarios. The instrument thereby makes it easier to manage complexity while providing a considerable degree of differentiation.
Core findings of Sinus Trend Research are subjected to milieu-specific validation, quantification and analysis. These real-time forecasts can on request be analysed for specific sectors. There is also the possibility of special evaluations for particular target groups and brands, i.e. with regard to trend affinities and development forecasts. Individual market-specific modules can be integrated into the empirical surveys.
Multiple applications for Sinus Trend Research
Strategic marketing analyses in a trend context
- Client-specific analysis of social dynamics as to products, brands, target groups, etc.
- Positioning within the trend system and mapping within the competitive environment
Innovation management /strategy development
- An interactive process to bring about socio-cultural optimisation of product ranges, positioning, communications, sales etc.
- Strategic consulting in the form of Trend Workshops and Consumer Trend Labs
Integration into representative surveys and panels
- Efficient indicator tool for measuring the basic trends
- Exclusive activation of a client-specific battery of questions within the Sinus Trend quantifications
- Full report of the socio-cultural currents and trend dynamics of the moment
- Cost-efficient tools for a trend update of your brands, products, and services
- Relevant consumer insights via use of our broad empirical data base
Sinus Trend Fit:
- Positioning of brands and products within the current trend environment
- Personality profiling of trend target groups
- Semiological analysis of media formats (TV, print, internet)
Your contact for Sinus Trend Research:
Dr. Silke Borgstedt, Direktorin Sozialforschung